Sunday, September 4

The hijacking of my cable connection

For the 2nd time in a week i suddenly found myself without an internet connection. This happens rather often. I'm connected through "Hot", the cable monopole of lukewarm stability.

The majority of my neighbors are not connected to the internet. Yet TV is popular. Many of my neighbors are prefer to watch satelite TV. The building has over 7 dishes on the roof and another few dishes connected here and there. But you cannot get all programs by satellite. Some are only available through cable.

As my internet connection kept disappearing and reappearing it seemed weird. All hardware and software tests were OK. Strange.

I believe in sharing. Not in disconnecting.

I still don't know who of my neighbors actually did this, but i'll find out.


1 comment:

yudit said...

i suppose there are some Arabs as well as some Jews as well as some Chinese, not to mention some Americans who find strange pleasure in watching people being abused or tortured.
Any form of generalization of the kind you employ is indicative of a racist attitude